16 Jan Three Clever Budget-Friendly Ways to Incorporate Mosaic in Your Bathroom
Mosaic tile has been trendy for a while, and it isn’t showing any signs of falling from grace. It’s a wildly popular, beautiful tile choice for any bathroom, which has put it on the wish list of homeowners everywhere.
However, depending on what type of mosaic tile you want, renovating your bathroom to incorporate mosaic can be expensive. If the type of mosaic tile you see in gorgeous homes on TV is a bit out of your budget, don’t despair. We’ve got three clever, budget-friendly ways to incorporate mosaic in your bathroom:
- Mosaic Borders
If your budget for a bathroom renovation is small, especially when it comes to the amount you can set aside for tile, you may be thinking that mosaic is not an option for you. However, there’s a smart way to still incorporate it into your bathroom design for a fraction of a price, if you create a mosaic tile border somewhere in your bathroom. Here are a few ideas how to do it:
- Accentuate Shower Elements — place a thin mosaic tile border strategically around shower elements and fittings. It can help draw attention and make your shower area look more interesting;
- Run in a Different Direction from Bathroom Tile — you can create a beautiful waterfall effect if your mosaic tile border runs downward;
- Around the Sink — if your sink is one of the focal points of your bathroom, make it pop with a mosaic tile border that goes around it;
- Through the Whole Bathroom — monochrome bathrooms can be made to look stunning with a contrasted mosaic tile border that encircles the room.
- Mosaic Feature Walls
Another great way of adding mosaic tile to your bathroom without breaking the bank is incorporating it as part of a feature wall design. Here are some placement ideas:
- Shower Feature Wall — depending on your bathroom design, a mosaic tile feature wall in your shower could be the right option;
- Behind the Sink Feature Wall — a most common spot for a bathroom feature wall, a beautiful mosaic tile backsplash for your sink area will make any bathroom shine;
- Connect Feature Wall with Border — for a more cohesive look; you could connect a mosaic tile border with the feature wall.
- Mosaic Floors
Mosaic tile isn’t only reserved for walls! If you choose to focus on mosaic tile floors instead, you could save some money while still having a beautiful design. Here are a couple of options:
- Shower Mosaic Floors — it’s a relatively small surface to cover, and it could work beautifully with many types of designs;
- Small Bathroom Mosaic Floors — if your bathroom is small, adding mosaic tile floors won’t put a significant strain on your budget, and it’s a great way to add visual interest to a small, classic white bathroom.
Gorgeous mosaic tile doesn’t have to break the bank if you use it in a clever way, accentuating the strong points of your bathroom design. Don’t hesitate to incorporate it if your budget allows it, and enjoy your beautiful renovated bathroom.